Chemicals in South Africa - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
Chemicals in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The chemicals market consists of speciality chemicals, commodity chemicals, agricultural chemicals, and other chemicals (which include products such as pharmaceutical chemicals).
- The South African chemicals market had total revenues of $21.9bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% between 2016 and 2020.
- The commodity chemicals segment was the market’s most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $14.0bn, equivalent to 64% of the market’s overall value.
- Despite an abundance of natural resources, the South African market is relatively small, largely as a result of its isolated location reducing the ease of trade with other countries.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the chemicals market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the chemicals market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key chemicals market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa chemicals market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the South Africa chemicals market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the South Africa chemicals market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa chemicals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Africa’s chemicals market?