United States of America (USA) Bakery and Cereals Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2025 - Analyzing Product Categories and Segments, Distribution Channel, Competitive Landscape, Packaging and Consumer Segmentation
Country Profile report on the bakery & cereals sector in United States provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
The US bakery & cereals sector is led by the cakes, pastries & sweet pies category in value terms in 2020.The energy bars category is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2020-2025.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of bakery & cereals in the country. Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V., General Mills, Inc. and The Kellogg Company are the leading companies in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the US bakery & cereals sector.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2015-2025
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for baking ingredients, baking mixes, bread & rolls, cakes, pastries & sweet pies, cereal bars, cookies (sweet biscuits), dough products, energy bars, morning goods and savory biscuits with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2020-2025
- Leading players: Market share of companies (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2020
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as "dollar stores", variety store & general merchandise retailers, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, drugstores & pharmacies, E-retailers, Food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, vending machines.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, speciality container, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, tray, film, foil, wrapper, box, blister pack, tube, sleeve, clamshell, bottle, other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, plastic tie, film, lever closure, cap, foil and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- The per capita consumption and expenditure of bakery & cereals in the US were higher than the global level in 2020
- The per capita consumption of bread & rolls was higher in the US than other bakery & cereal categories in 2020
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the US bakery & cereals sector
- Private labels are growing at a higher CAGR than brands in the US bakery & cereals
- The health & wellness market is led by the bread & rolls category in the US bakery & cereals sector
- “Kids & babies” represent the largest subset of the bakery & cereals sector in the US
Reasons to Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labour market and demographic trends.