Broadcasting and Cable TV Retail Global Industry Almanac - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
Global Broadcasting & Cable TV industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The broadcasting & cable TV market consists of all terrestrial, cable and satellite broadcasters of digital and analog television programming.
- The market is valued as the revenues generated by broadcasters through advertising, subscriptions, or public funds (either through TV licenses, general taxation, or donations).
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- Forecast figures presented in this report are calculated using crisis scenarios based on the impacts of the pandemic around the world. The length of the pandemic and restrictions introduced by various countries are still difficult to predict and the impact of COVID-19 on the industry has been substantial but is expected to recover going forward.
- The global broadcasting & cable TV market had total revenues of $432,405.6m in 2020, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.1% between 2016 and 2020.
- The TV advertising segment was the market’s most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $192,058.5m, equivalent to 44.4% of the market’s overall value.
- A number of markets globally saw decline in 2020 amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Both Pay-TV and advertising revenues tumbled, with high unemployment reducing spend on TV subscriptions, while advertisers tightened spend in a bid to ride out the economic turbulence brought about by COVID-19.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global broadcasting & cable tv market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global broadcasting & cable tv market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key broadcasting & cable tv market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global broadcasting & cable tv market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the global broadcasting & cable tv market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global broadcasting & cable tv market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global broadcasting & cable tv market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global broadcasting & cable tv market?