South Africa Gold Mining to 2025 - Analysing Reserves and Production, Assets and Projects, Demand Drivers, Key Players and Fiscal Regime including Taxes and Royalties Review
“South Africa Gold Mining to 2025 - Analysing Reserves and Production, Assets and Projects, Demand Drivers, Key Players and Fiscal Regime including Taxes and Royalties Review" provides a comprehensive coverage on South Africa’s gold mining industry with historical and forecast data on the gold production. The production section has a brief description about major gold producing companies, by mines and impact of the COVID-19 on the country’s gold mining. The demand section includes analysis for gold demand from China, the major import market for South Africa. The report further includes profiles of country’s top gold producers, information on the major active, planned and exploration projects.
South Africa’s gold production fell by an estimated 10.4% in 2020, over the previous year, primarily due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, which lead to strict lockdown measures across the country and caused significant disruption on mining operations. Harmony Gold, Sibanye-Stillwater, Gold Fields, and Pan African Resources are the top four gold producers in South Africa, accounting for 83.3% of the country’s total production. By 2025, the country’s gold production is expected to reach 4.0Moz, with an expected CAGR of 3.3% between 2021-2025. Two major upcoming projects Platreef Project and Bakubung are expected to commence operation by 2022, with a combined metal production capacity of more than 31.7koz. Gold producers benefited significantly from a steep increase in the gold price in 2020, with gold seen as a safe haven amid the COVID-19 pandemic and interest rate cuts and huge liquidity injections by central banks and governments as a response to the pandemic.
- The report contains an overview of South Africa’s gold mining industry, gold reserves, historical and forecast data on the production, production by company.
- It also provides detailed analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the industry. The demand driving section briefs about the Chinese gold demand. The report also provides detailed information on major active, exploration and development projects.
Reasons to Buy
- To gain a comprehensive evaluation of the impact of the COVID-19 on South Africa’s gold mining industry
- To understand the historical and forecast trend on the country’s gold production
- To understand production by major producers, by mines and trend of gold prices
- To get an overview on demand from Chinese market
- To evaluate major active, exploration and development mines of gold in the country