North America Advertising Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2026
Advertising in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2017-21, and forecast to 2026). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The advertising industry consists of revenues gained by any advertising activities or agencies providing advertising services, including display advertising services. . All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e. without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The North American advertising industry had total revenues of $301,172.3m in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3% between 2016 and 2021.
- The retailer segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2021, with total revenues of $62,602.3m, equivalent to 20.8% of the industry’s overall value.
- The advertising industry is highly correlated with consumer spending and financial power.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the advertising market in North America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the advertising market in North America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key advertising market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the North America advertising market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the North America advertising market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the North America advertising market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the North America advertising market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in North America’s advertising market?
Table of contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What are the strengths of leading players?
7.3. What trends are impacting the market?
7.4. What has been the rationale behind recent strategic partnerships and M&A activity?
7.5. How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.
8.2. Omnicom Group, Inc.
8.3. Havas SA
8.4. Publicis Groupe SA
8.5. WPP plc
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
Table 1: North America advertising industry value: $ billion, 2017-21
Table 2: North America advertising industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017-2021
Table 3: North America advertising industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2017-2021
Table 4: North America advertising industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2021
Table 5: North America advertising industry value forecast: $ billion, 2021-26
Table 6: The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.: key facts
Table 7: The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 8: The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.: Key Employees
Table 9: The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 10: Omnicom Group, Inc.: key facts
Table 11: Omnicom Group, Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 12: Omnicom Group, Inc.: Key Employees
Table 13: Omnicom Group, Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 14: Havas SA: key facts
Table 15: Havas SA: Key Employees
Table 16: Publicis Groupe SA: key facts
Table 17: Publicis Groupe SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 18: Publicis Groupe SA: Key Employees
Table 19: Publicis Groupe SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 20: Publicis Groupe SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 21: WPP plc: key facts
Table 22: WPP plc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 23: WPP plc: Key Employees
Table 24: WPP plc: Key Employees Continued
Table 25: North America exchange rate, 2017-21
List of Figures
Figure 1: North America advertising industry value: $ billion, 2017-21
Figure 2: North America advertising industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2017-2021
Figure 3: North America advertising industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 4: North America advertising industry value forecast: $ billion, 2021-26
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the advertising industry in North America, 2021
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the advertising industry in North America, 2021
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the advertising industry in North America, 2021
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the advertising industry in North America, 2021
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the advertising industry in North America, 2021
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the advertising industry in North America, 2021
• The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.
• Omnicom Group, Inc.
• Havas SA
• Publicis Groupe SA
• WPP plc
Our market research methodology is designed to provide the clients with comprehensive and accurate information
industries and markets. It includes data collection, primary interviews, macro-economic factor analysis,
The data is gathered from a wide range of sources, including industry reports, government statistics, and
This data is then analyzed and cross-referenced to ensure its accuracy and reliability. Next, primary
interviews are conducted
with industry experts and key stakeholders to gather their insights and perspectives on the market. This
information is then
combined with the data collected to provide a complete picture of the market. Macro-economic factor analysis
is also carried
out to understand the impact of external factors on the market. Finally, country-level data analysis is
understand the market dynamics in specific regions and countries.
Reportlinker's market research methodology is designed to provide clients with a clear understanding of the
market, its trends,
and its future potential.
+ See all
Advertising Agencies Global Market Report 2023
Digital Signage Media Player Market - Growth, Trends, Covid-19 Impact, And Forecasts (2023 - 2028)
Global Digital Billboards Market - Analysis By Location, Type, End-User Industry, By Region, By Country: Market Size, Insights, Competition, Covid-19 Impact and Forecast