Switzerland Defense Market Size and Trends, Budget Allocation, Regulations, Key Acquisitions, Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2022-2027
Switzerland Defense Market - Size and trends, budget allocation, regulations, key acquisitions, competitive landscape and forecast, 2022-2027 report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years.The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants.
It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
Switzerland’s defense budget is forecast to grow from $9.4 billion in 2022 to $10.3 billion by 2027. This trend reflects the relatively steady growth of the Swiss defense budget during the last five years, as Air2030 and other large modernization programs continue to edge the budget ever higher. Nonetheless, the budget’s annual growth rate is likely to slow over the coming years, with current forecasts estimating a CAGR of 3.4% between 2023 and 2027, compared to a CAGR of 5.9% between 2018 and 2022.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Swiss defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
- Despite the relatively limited scope of its defense budget, the Swiss government continues to invest in the modernization of capabilities across all domains and specializations in order to maintain operational readiness and optimize existing platforms or systems.
- The Russian invasion of Ukraine and the subsequent deterioration of wider European security has driven Swiss military and government officials to seek increased defense expenditure and military rapprochement with international allies, as the decision to impose economic sanctions on Russian assets has resulted in a heightened sense of unease throughout the country.
- As a constitutionally peaceful and non-aligned state, Switzerland operates a policy of armed neutrality, whereby the nation will not ally with any particular side in the case of war. This policy also restricts the ability of both Swiss defense manufacturers and clients to export or re-export material to entities actively engaged in conflict.
- A relatively low defense budget, coupled with the lack of external military threats which would bolster defense expenditure, renders the Swiss defense market far less enticing to foreign investors.
Who Should Buy
- Defence Startups, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
- The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
- The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Swiss defense budget: detailed analysis of the Swiss 2022 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of the Swiss military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of Swiss military procurement regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to Switzerland are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernisation.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of Switzerland’s defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the French defense market over the next five years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the French market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major threats that are driving the Swiss defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Swiss government
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available