Brazil Baby Food Market Size by Categories, Distribution Channel, Market Share and Forecast, 2022-2027
“Brazil Baby Food Market Size by Categories, Distribution Channel, Market Share and Forecast, 2022-2027” is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the British market.
The number of live births in Brazil declined by 13.5% during 2015-2021, to reach 2.6 million in 2021. This resulted in a baby population of 8.3 million in 2021. However, both the crude birth rate, and total fertility rates, have fallen during the review period. The GDP of the country grew by 4.7% in 2021 primarily owing to the successful COVID-19 vaccination campaigns, while consumer price inflation stood at 8.3%. During 2015-2021 the overall baby food sector in value terms contracted at a negative CAGR of 0.3%. Similarly, in volume terms, sales declined in 2021, with the sector contracting at a negative CAGR of 2.8%. Baby milks remained the largest category in value terms with nearly 60% share of the overall baby food sector, followed by baby cereals & dry meals. Nestlé and Danone Group together accounted for a combined 90%+ of value sales in the Brazilian baby food sector in 2021. In the same year, Nestlé remained the overall market leader, by some considerable margin. In 2021, hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the baby food space, accounting for 59% of overall sales. The analyst estimates that the market for baby food in the country is expected to fall in value terms, registering a negative value CAGR of 2.2%. Similarly, in volume terms the market is expected to contract at a negative volume CAGR of 4.8% during 2021-2027.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
- Value sales of the Brazilian baby food sector declined from BRL3,385.9 million ($1,017.7 million) in 2015 to BRL3,334.4 million ($622.7 million) in 2021, declining at a negative compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.3%.
- In volume terms, the sector contracted from 88.59 million kg in 2015 to 74.52 million kg in 2021, falling at a negative CAGR of 2.8%.
- Value sales of the baby milks category declined from BRL1,969.9 million ($592.1 million) in 2015 to BRL1,940.7 million ($362.4 million) in 2021, declining at a negative CAGR of 0.3%. The category accounted for the highest share of the overall baby food sector in 2021, with 58.2% in value terms.
- Volume sales of the baby cereals & dry meals category declined from 50.27 million kg in 2015 to 40.86 million kg in 2021, contracting at a negative CAGR of 3.4% during 2015-2021.
- Value sales of the baby wet meals & other category fell from BRL259.8 million ($78.1 million) in 2015 to BRL240.9 million ($45 million) in 2021, decreasing at a negative CAGR of 1.3%.
Reasons to Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.