Commerce Tomorrow - How Embedded Finance is Disrupting the Modern Economy
Embedded finance is a burgeoning trend in the fintech world, accelerated by open banking and encouraged by shifting customer behaviors in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.It simplifies financial processes by combining a non-financial service provider, such as a retailer or a ride-sharing service, and a financial service, such as payment processing, lending, or insurance.
Prior to the development of embedded finance, there was usually a disconnect between the consumer and the company with which they did business.With embedded finance, the need for a third-party bank or lender is eliminated.
The knowledge and observation of emerging trends in embedded finance and Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) can assist banks and non-bank companies in identifying opportunities and making strategic choices regarding product development, partnerships, and go-to-market strategies. The report uses Innovation Explorer database and expert analysis to showcase some noteworthy examples from embedded finance.
Innovations: presents real-world innovation use cases and examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies by companies as well as startups in the mining sector. It casts light on how tech-enabled innovations are transforming every segment of the sector value chain.
- Innovation Insights: innovation examples by each application segment of the semiconductor industry to present key trends.
Reasons to Buy
- No surprise that technology has been a driving force in business transformation for years, but the term ‘emerging technologies’ has all of the sudden become the key catalyst to drive the next wave of innovation across sectors.
- The sense of urgency weighs differently across different sectors, where the direct customer-facing sectors are at the forefront compared to other capital-intensive sectors. Companies in one sector can take cues from successful innovations in other sectors to either draw analogies with existing products, services, and processes or transfer strategic approaches for a revolutionary transformation.
- Against this backdrop, enterprises need to understand which emerging technologies are impacting their sector and how various companies are implementing them to meet various challenges.
- The innovation landscape report in embedded finance, published as part of an ongoing series, covers some real-world examples to advance the development and implementation of embedded finance across some major sectors.