Freight Trucking Market By Truck Type (Dry van & box truck, Refrigerated truck, Tanker truck, Flatbed truck, Others), By Cargo Type (Dry bulk goods, Liquids, Temperature controlled goods, Others), By End-User (Retail and E-Commerce, Industrial and Manufacturing, Healthcare, Automotive, Others): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021-2031
Freight trucking comprises heavy-duty trucks which are utilized for the transportation of commodities, goods and cargo from one place to another. These heavy-duty trucks comprise a strong chassis and a powerful engine to easily carry heavier loads. Usually, these trucks transport cargo between warehouses, factories, wholesalers, and retailers. In addition, these trucks are available in different variants ranging from small pickups and semi-trailers trucks to large goods to heavy haulers that can handle oversized cargo.
Increase in transportation of heavy equipment and machinery across the globe owing to increase in road freight capacity for loading larger units in trailers primarily drives the demand for flatbed trucks. Flatbed truck have the ability to haul up to 48,000 pounds. Flatbed truck are ideal for construction materials, machinery, cars, and other oversized cargo. In addition, loading and unloading flatbed freight, whether by hand or with a crane, can easily be done in any direction. Moreover, the increased storage space of a flatbed truck enables the person to fit as much cargo as possible, which in turn results in reduced driving time and reduced number of trips.
The growth of the global freight trucking market is propelling, due to increase in use of telematics in automotive sector, expansion of e-commerce industry globally, and rise in urbanization. However, poor infrastructure and higher logistics costs are hampering the growth of the market. Furthermore, development of self-driving trucks is the factor expected to offer growth opportunities during the forecast period.
The freight trucking market is segmented on the basis of truck type, cargo type, end-user, and region. By truck type, it is segmented into dry van & box, refrigerated truck, tanker truck, flatbed truck, and others. By cargo type, it is classified into dry bulk goods, liquids, temperature controlled goods, and others. By end-user, it is categorized into retail & e-commerce, manufacturing & industrial, healthcare, automotive, and others. By region, the report is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the freight trucking market analysis from 2021 to 2031 to identify the prevailing freight trucking market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the freight trucking market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global freight trucking market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
Key Market Segments
By Truck Type
- Dry van box truck
- Refrigerated truck
- Tanker truck
- Flatbed truck
By Cargo Type
- Dry bulk goods
- Temperature controlled goods
- Retail and E-Commerce
- Industrial and Manufacturing
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest Of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Key Market Players
- A.P. Moller - Maersk
- Deutsche Post AG
- Nippon Express Co., Ltd.
- Estes Express Lines
- Saia, Inc.
- FedEx Corporation
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
- Landstar System, Inc.
- Schneider National, Inc.
- United Parcel Service of America, Inc.
- XPO Logistics, Inc.
- CEVA Logistics AG
- Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings Inc.
- Yellow Roadway Corporation
- Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.