Turkey Source Tourism Insight Report including International Departures, Domestic Trips, Key Destinations, Trends, Tourist Profiles, Analysis of Consumer Survey Responses, Spend Analysis, Risks and Future Opportunities, 2023 Update
Turkey Source Tourism Insight Report including International Departures, Domestic Trips, Key Destinations, Trends, Tourist Profiles, Analysis of Consumer Survey Responses, Spend Analysis, Risks and Future Opportunities, 2023 Update report provides a thorough insight into the GCC’s domestic and outbound tourism market.The report looks at the profiles of GCC tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel.
The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the GCC outbound travel market.
- Domestic travel leads overall travel purpose among the six GCC countries with GlobalData projections showing that xx% of total trips taken in 2021 were domestic. Leisure drives domestic tourism for GCC travelers with GlobalData projections revealing that leisure accounted for xx% of total trips in 2021, representing xx million trips. GCC travelers travel for long periods of time and are amongst the highest spenders globally.
- The average international trip length by travelers from Saudi Arabia was xx days. This was followed by the UAE with xx days. Travelers from Qatar spent an average of $xx spent per international trip in 2021, According to the analyst projections. This is expected to rise to $xx by 2024.
- Aligned with the global travel trends, affordability and accessibility are the two most influential factors when GCC holidaymakers are deciding where to go on holiday. According to Q4 2021 Consumer Survey, xx% of UAE and xx% of Saudi Arabian respondents booked directly with an airline the last time they booked a holiday. This far exceeds the global average of xx%.
- According to The analyst forecasts, domestic tourism expenditure saw strong recovery in 2022 with total expenditure rising by xx% YoY to $xx billion, as the GCC countries mostly avoided domestic lockdowns from 2021 onwards. Going forward, domestic tourism expenditure is expected to recover to pre-pandemic levels in 2022 before reaching $xx billion in 2026 (CAGR 2022-26: xx%).
- Of the six GCC countries, Saudi Arabia leads in terms of domestic travel expenditure according to The analyst forecasts. Amid travel restrictions, COVID-19 saw outbound expenditure decline by xx% YoY to $xx billion in 2020, falling further to $xx billion in 2021 (xx % YoY). The analyst forecasts show that outbound travel expenditure saw strong growth in 2022, rising by 185.14% YoY to $xx billion. By 2026, total outbound expenditure is expected to reach $xx billion (CAGR 2022-26: xx%).
- This report is part of Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the GCC outbound travel market.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the GCC’s regional and outbound tourism markets. The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets. The report explores the different profiles of GCC tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market. The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions This report examines the impact of COVID-19 on GCC outbound and domestic tourism.