South Korea Cigarettes Market Analysis and Forecast by Segments, Distribution Channel, Competitive Landscape and Consumer Segmentation, 2021-2026
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the tobacco sector in South Korea, as part of global coverage of the sector.
Cigarettes are the only category in the South Korean tobacco sector.Convenience stores are the leading channel for the distribution of tobacco products in the country.
Korean Tobacco & Ginseng, Philip Morris International Inc., British American Tobacco Plc., and Japan Tobacco Inc., are the top companies in the South Korean tobacco sector. Total smoking prevalence in South Korea was 16.8% in 2021 with 29.4% of men and 4.2% of women classified as smokers.
It includes analysis on the following -
- Market Context: The report provides comparative analysis of the value shares of Philippines in the Asia Pacific and global tobacco sector. Additionally, the per capita expenditure of tobacco in Philippines is also compared with the Latin America and global levels.
- Market Size and Structure : The report offers an overview of the growth at a sector level and provides analysis of four categories: cigarettes. These categories are analyzed by value, volume, and CAGR for the period 2016-2026. The section also includes value analysis of segments, value and volume analysis of sub-segments segments under each category for the period 2016-2026.
- Production and Trade: Provides analysis on per capita expenditure of tobacco in Italy, by category, compared to the Asia Pacific and global markets. Further, analysis on the leading distribution channels at category level in 2021. The consumer sector reports cover the following eight distribution channels: cash & carries and warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, e-retailers, hypermarkets & supermarkets, tobacco specialists, vending machines, and other general retailers.
- Taxation : It covers taxation landscape in the country and effects in the tobacco sector
- Manufacturers and Brands: The report provides analysis on leading companies by category in 2021 and analyzes the market share and growth of private label in each category.
- The Smoking Population: The report covers consumption of tobacco by gender in Italy.
- Operating Constraints: The report cover the impact of policies and regulation on tobacco sector in Italy.
- Prospects and Forecasts: The report covers forecast analysis of categories in the tobacco sector
- Macroeconomic analysis: The report also provides an outlook on macroeconomic indicators in Italy, with a detailed summary of the economy, labor market, and demographics.
- Exchange rates: Exchange rates used to convert local currency to US dollars are annual average floating exchange rates.
- Time period: The report provides sector value and volume data, including category and sector level data for the period 2016-2026. Distribution channel data is of 2021, and company data is included for 2021.
- Per capita expenditure of tobacco was higher in South Korea than global and regional level in 2021
- Convenience stores was the leading distribution channel in the cigarettes category
- The price of cigarettes in South Korea increased only seven times between 1996 and 2015
- Robust exports boosted South Korea’s GDP growth in 2021
- The ‘filter cigarettes 120s’ is forecast to be the fastest growing sub segment in the cigarettes category
Reasons to Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.