South Africa Tobacco Products Market Analysis and Forecast by Product Categories and Segments, Distribution Channel, Competitive Landscape and Consumer Segmentation, 2021-2026
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the tobacco sector in South Africa, as part of global coverage of the sector.
The South African tobacco sector is expected to grow from ZAR39.2 billion ($2.6 billion) in 2021 to ZAR43.6 billion ($2.8 billion) by 2026, at a CAGR of 2.2% from 2021-2026. Smoking is more prevalent among men than women in the country. Value sales of cigarette products are expected to see a decline in coming years due to increased taxes and stricter rules.
It includes analysis on the following -
- Market Context: The report provides comparative analysis of the value shares of Philippines in the Asia Pacific and global tobacco sector. Additionally, the per capita expenditure of tobacco in Philippines is also compared with the Latin America and global levels.
- Market Size and Structure : The report offers an overview of the growth at a sector level and provides analysis of four categories: cigarettes. These categories are analyzed by value, volume, and CAGR for the period 2016-2026. The section also includes value analysis of segments, value and volume analysis of sub-segments segments under each category for the period 2016-2026.
- Production and Trade: Provides analysis on per capita expenditure of tobacco in South Africa, by category, compared to the Asia Pacific and global markets. Further, analysis on the leading distribution channels at category level in 2021. The consumer sector reports cover the following eight distribution channels: cash & carries and warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, e-retailers, hypermarkets & supermarkets, tobacco specialists, vending machines, and other general retailers.
- Taxation : It covers taxation landscape in the country and effects in the tobacco sector
- Manufacturers and Brands: The report provides analysis on leading companies by category in 2021 and analyzes the market share and growth of private label in each category.
- The Smoking Population: The report covers consumption of tobacco by gender in South Africa.
- Operating Constraints: The report cover the impact of policies and regulation on tobacco sector in South Africa.
- Prospects and Forecasts: The report covers forecast analysis of categories in the tobacco sector
- Macroeconomic analysis: The report also provides an outlook on macroeconomic indicators in South Africa, with a detailed summary of the economy, labor market, and demographics.
- Exchange rates: Exchange rates used to convert local currency to US dollars are annual average floating exchange rates.
- Time period: The report provides sector value and volume data, including category and sector level data for the period 2016-2026. Distribution channel data is of 2021, and company data is included for 2021.
- Per capita expenditure of tobacco was lower in South Africa compared to both the global and regional levels, in 2021
- Convenience stores were the leading distribution channel in the cigarettes category
- British American Tobacco Plc was the leading company in the cigarettes category
Reasons to Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.