Costa Rica Telecom Services Market Size and Analysis by Service Revenue, Penetration, Subscription, ARPU’s (Mobile, Fixed and Pay-TV by Segments and Technology), Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2021-2026
"Costa Rica Telecom Services Market Size and Analysis by Service Revenue, Penetration, Subscription, ARPU’s (Mobile, Fixed and Pay-TV by Segments and Technology), Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2021-2026," a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Costa Rica today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Costa Rica will drop at a CAGR of 0.5% over 2021-2026, due to revenue loss in pay-TV, mobile voice, fixed voice and mobile messaging segments. Mobile data revenue will increase at a CAGR of 7% over 2021-2026. This growth will be driven by increasing mobile internet subscriptions, growing mobile broadband subscriber base, continued rise in 4G subscriptions, projected growth in 5G connections, and increasing data ARPU over the forecast period. Fixed broadband service revenue will also increase at a CAGR of 2.2%, supported by growth in fiber-optic broadband services and cable internet subscriptions, on the back of ongoing fixed broadband network investments from operators as well as government backed initiatives such as the National Telecommunications Development Plan (PNDT) 2022-2027.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Costa Rica.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, DTT migration, IoT regulations, etc.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Costa Rica will decline at a CAGR of 0.5% over the forecast period 2021-2026.
- Mobile data service revenues will grow at a CAGR of 7% over 2021-2026, driven by increasing mobile internet subscriptions, growing mobile broadband subscriber base, continued rise in 4G subscriptions, projected growth in 5G connections, and increasing data ARPU over the forecast period.
- The top two operator Movistar Costa Rica and ICE(Kolbi) accounted for 80.9% of total mobile subscriptions in 2021.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Costa Rica’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Costa Rica mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Costa Rica telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Costa Rica.