Recombinant Vaccines Market By Indication (Human Papillomavirus, Meningococcal, Others), By End User (Pediatric, Adults), By Distribution Channel (Hospitals, Vaccination Centers): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021-2031
The global recombinant vaccines market was valued at $8,080.37 million in 2021, and is projected to reach $24,698.79 million by 2031, registering a CAGR of 11.4% from 2022 to 2031.
A recombinant vaccine is a vaccine produced through recombinant DNA technology. This involves inserting the DNA encoding an antigen (such as a bacterial surface protein) that stimulates an immune response into bacterial or mammalian cells, expressing the antigen in these cells and then purifying it from them. It is expressed as DNA, proteins and live vaccines. The DNA version is cheaper to make and is thermostable, which does not require the “cold chain” for transportation and preservation. A large number of studies have been done on development of DNA vaccines. However, a few DNA vaccines have succeeded in becoming DNA vaccines for human use. The live recombinant vaccines are made of a live viral or bacterial vector that was engineered to express a variety of exogenous antigens in the cytoplasm of target cells, in this case HIV-1 or genes.
The growth of the recombinant vaccines market is driven by increase in research and development activities for recombinant vaccines, rise in the prevalence of infectious diseases and increase in rates of vaccinations globally. Moreover, increasing incidence of zoonotic diseases, emerging technologies for developing vaccines and rise in the number of product approvals also helps in the growth of the market. For instance, in June 2021, Merck and Sanofi received an approval for six-in-one pediatric combination vaccine in the U.S. However, prolong period for introduction of new vaccines is expected to hinder the growth of this market. Conversely, the high growth potential in untapped emerging economies is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market.
The global recombinant vaccines market is segmented based on indication, end user, distribution channel and region. On the basis of indication, the market is bifurcated into human papillomavirus, meningococcal and others. On the basis of end user, the market is classified into pediatric and adult. On the basis of distribution channel, the market is classified into hospitals and vaccination centers. The hospitals segment is further subsegment on the basis of type into private and public. Region wise, the market is studied across North America (the U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, India, South Korea and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and rest of LAMEA).
The key market players operating in this market include, AstraZeneca Plc., Dynavax Technologies Corporation, Emergent BioSolutions Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co. Inc., Novavax, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the recombinant vaccines market analysis from 2021 to 2031 to identify the prevailing recombinant vaccines market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the recombinant vaccines market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global recombinant vaccines market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
Key Market Segments
- Human Papillomavirus
By End User
By Distribution Channel
- Vaccination Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Key Market Players
- Pfizer Inc.