Recreation Clubs Market By Category (Recreational sports clubs, Non sports recreational clubs), By Age Group (Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennials, Generation Z), By Travelers Type (Solo, Group): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021-2031
The recreation clubs market was valued at $48,848.0 million in 2021, and is projected to reach $91,436.0 million by 2031, registering a CAGR of 6.5% from 2022 to 2031. Recreation includes spending discretionary time on activities related sports, entertainment or others to maintain physical and phycological balance. Recreational clubs include spending on membership clubs, parks, theaters, sports centers, country clubs, golf clubs, and other related services. Consumer spending on recreational activities moves closely in line with per capita disposable income and consumer spending. Total recreation expenditures are tied to leisure time. As the amount of leisure time rises, consumers are more willing to incur recreational expenditures. Over the two years to 2022, consumers’ spending on recreation is expected to slightly decrease, driven mainly by the decrease in 2020 from the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. During the peak of the pandemic, stay at home orders and social distancing restrictions caused the total value of recreational spending to plummet in 2020. In addition, the pandemic caused consumer spending to contract significantly as most people opted to stay home instead of going out and spending money on a recreational activity.
In particular, services that involve any sort of human interaction were affected the most. Given the nature of many recreation services, which involve interaction between individuals, recreation expenditure dropped 29.4% in 2020 alone, with the majority of the decline coming from Q2 of 2020. Recreation expenditure is expected to recover partly in 2021 and 2022 due to the high vaccination rate among the global adult population. However, the full recovery of expenditures on recreation clubs will likely occur in 2023.
Growing people awareness related to fitness and healthy lifestyle is projected to increase the number of consumers to participate in country club that can augment the growth of the recreational club market. Owing to rising customer participation in recreational activities develop the non-sports recreational activities market. The recreation activities include walking, swimming, mediation, dancing, reading and yoga are major factor that impact on the non-sport activities. Moreover, personal development and growth, physical health, enhance pleasure, reduce stress and reduce healthcare cost people are participating in non-recreational sports activities.
The recreational sports market is segmented into category, age group, travelers type, and region. basis of category, the market is categorized into recreational sports clubs and non-sports recreational clubs. Non-sports recreational clubs are further segmented into arts & exhibition clubs and yoga recreational clubs. By age group, it is fragmented into baby boomers, generation X, millennials, and generation Z. Based on travelers type, the market is segmented into solo and group. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America (the U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Russia, Spain, Italy, France, Netherland, Belgium, Germany, the UK, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Thailand, Indonesia, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Algeria, and rest of LAMEA).
The players operating in the global recreational club market have adopted various developmental strategies to expand their Recreational club market share, increase profitability, and remain competitive in the market. The key players profiled in this report include Bounds Green Bowls and Tennis Club, Braidwood Recreation Club, Bretton Woods Recreation Center, Calne Recreation Club, Carolina Country Club, Disneyland Paris, Jebel Ali Recreation Club, New York Yacht Club, Northwood Club, Stowmarket Meadlands Recreation Club, Tewkesbury Cruising & Sailing Club, The Lenches Sports and Recreation Club, Troydale Recreational Club Ltd, Tuckahoe Swim & Tennis Club, and Tumbleweed Recreation Center.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the recreation clubs market analysis from 2021 to 2031 to identify the prevailing recreation clubs market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the recreation clubs market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global recreation clubs market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
Key Market Segments
- Recreational sports clubs
- Non sports recreational clubs
- Arts and exhibition clubs
- Yoga recreational clubs
By Age Group
- Baby Boomers
- Generation X
- Generation Z
By Travelers Type
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Key Market Players
- Bounds Green Bowls and Tennis Club
- Braidwood Recreation Club
- Bretton Woods Recreation Center
- Calne Recreation Club
- Carolina Country Club
- Disneyland Paris
- Jebel Ali Recreation Club
- New York Yacht Club
- Northwood Club
- Stowmarket Meadlands Recreation Club
- Tewkesbury Cruising & Sailing Club
- The Lenches Sports and Recreation Club
- Troydale Recreational Club Ltd
- Tuckahoe Swim & Tennis Club
- Tumbleweed Recreation Center