Cristobalite Market By Form (Granular, Powder), By Application (Glass and Cermaic, Building and Construction activities, Paints and Coatings, Foundry, Others): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021-2031
The global cristobalite market was valued at $36.3 million in 2021, and is projected to reach $56.6 million by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2022 to 2031.
Cristobalite is a mineral polymorph of silica that is obtained at 1,500°C through calcination and iron-free grinding process. Cristobalite is found in sufficient quantities in nature mainly in volcanic rocks. It is synthetically produced from sand by heating a kiln at 1500 degree centigrade for commercial purposes. It is mainly offered in the form of powered/ sand and grain form. Cristobalite has a wide range of applications in various end-use industries including architecture, paints and coatings, metal casting, industrial, ceramic, and fiberglass industries, and others.
Increase in global population, improvement in standard of living, rise in purchasing power of consumer have led them to seek for unique construction material for designing their homes. Ceramics are one of the distinctive materials used in both residential and commercial construction including tiles, washbasins, kitchen countertops, and others where grounded cristobalite is used extensively as glassifying and melting agent. In addition, it helps in maintaining the melting point in respectable ranges and gives hardness to ceramics and helps in decrease their thermal expansion capacity. Therefore, the demand for cristobalite has increased in the growing ceramic industry.
However, workers and manufacturers get habitual exposure to powder form of cristobalite in industrial sector that may lead to risk of developing acute and chronic disease such as silicosis, lungs disease, cancer, and others. For instance, according to an article published by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) in April 2022, it has set some standards and regulation on use of cristobalite due to which manufacturers have switched their production capacities to lower extent. This is predicted to hamper the growth of the cristobalite market.
On the contrary, production of cristobalite consumes high energy hence, the company named as Grenzebach Group follows tailor-made technology, and state-of-the-art technology for energy efficiency processes where energy costs can be cut and resource consumption can be sustainably reduced. The adoption of sustainable technology will boost the potential sales of the cristobalite market; thus, offering lucrative opportunities for the market.
The cristobalite market is segmented on the basis of form, application, and region. On the basis of type, the market is categorized into granular and powder. On the basis of applications, it is divided into glass and ceramic, building and construction activities, paints and coatings, foundry, and others. Region-wise, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The major companies profiled in this report include C.E.D. Process Minerals, Inc., Dinglong Quartz Limited, Goldstar Powders Pvt. Ltd, Goyal Group Of Minerals, GRENZEBACH GROUP, Hoben International Limited, Momentive Technologies, Quartz work GmbH, Sibelco, and SILMER.
Report key highlighters
The granular form of segment is projected to grow faster and account for 40% of the major share in cristobalite market during 2031.
The paints and coatings application segment is the second fastest growing application segment in the cristobalite market and growing at CAGR of 4.3%.
North America accounts for 25% of the total market share in 2021 and it is projected to grow at CAGR of 4.0% during the forecast period.
Countries such as China, U.S., India, Germany, and Brazil hold a significant share in the global cristobalite market.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the cristobalite market analysis from 2021 to 2031 to identify the prevailing cristobalite market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the cristobalite market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global cristobalite market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
Key Market Segments
- Glass and Cermaic
- Building and Construction activities
- Paints and Coatings
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Key Market Players
- C.E.D. Process Minerals, Inc
- Momentive Technologies
- Goyal Group Of Minerals
- GRENZEBACH GROUP
- Hoben International Limited
- Quartz Works GmbH
- Goldstar Powders Pvt. Ltd
- Dinglong Quartz Limited