The PVC recycling market is projected to reach USD 4.9 billion by 2028, with a CAGR of 8.0% from USD 3.3 billion in 2023. Asia Pacific is home to several emerging economies with rapidly growing manufacturing sectors, which further drives the demand for PVC recycling. The region has experienced significant growth in the last decade and accounts for over a third of the world’s GDP. The high economic growth, coupled with the mounting population, is expected to boost the industrial sector in the region, which will increase the demand for PVC plastics from industries.
Chlorinated segment is expected to account for the second-largest share in 2022.
Chlorinated PVC (CPVC) is a type of plastic made by adding chlorine to PVC resin.This process creates a material that has improved heat and chemical resistance, making it suitable for various applications, including pipes, fittings, and electrical cables.
CPVC is used in the construction industry for roofing membranes, door and window profiles, siding, and wall cladding. It is also used in a variety of medical and industrial applications, including tubing, valves, and pipes and fittings.
Electric wire gutter is expected to be the second-fastest growing application type for PVC recycling market during the forecast period, in terms of value.
An electrical wire gutter, also known as a wireway or wire duct, is an enclosure or channel used to contain and protect electrical wires and cables in commercial and industrial settings. It is used to organize and manage electrical wires to ensure safety and compliance with electrical codes.
Based on region, Asia Pacific region was the largest market for PVC recycling in 2022, in terms of value.
The Asia Pacific held the top position in terms of value in the global PVC recycling market in 2022.The Growth cant be attributed to the regions emphasis on innovation, technology advancement, and industrial expansion which have led to an increase in the consumption of PVC.
The Global economy’s overall improvement is expected to further drive the markets growth.
China is a dominant market in the Asia Pacific region, However, Japan is projected to experience significant growth during the forecast period due to the widespread use of PVC in multiple end -use industries in the region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments identified through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted. A breakdown of the profiles of the primary interviews are as follows:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 - 35%, Tier 2 - 45%, and Tier 3 - 20%
• By Designation: C-Level - 35%, Director Level - 25%, and Others - 40%
• By Region: North America - 30%, Europe - 20%, Asia Pacific - 40%, Middle East & Africa-5%, and Latin America-5%
The key global players in the PVC recycling market include DS Smith (UK), Adams Plastics (US), Reclaim Plastics (Canada), Suez (France), Veolia (France), Veka Recycling (UK), Simplas PVC Recycling (UK), WRC Recycling (Scotland), Morris Recycling (UK), and Dekura (Germany) are the key players in the PVC recycling market.
This report segments the PVC recycling market on the basis of source, application, type, end-use industry, and region, and provides estimations for the overall value of the market across various regions. A detailed analysis of key industry players has been conducted to provide insights into their business overviews, products and services, key strategies, product launches, expansions, and mergers and acquisitions associated with the PVC recycling market.
Key benefits of buying this report
This research report focuses on various levels of analysis, including industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking analysis of top players, and company profiles. These levels of analysis provide an overall view of the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the PVC recycling market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Analysis of key drivers (Negative environmental & economic impact of PVC plastics, Growing awareness regarding energy savings and government responses, Increasing use of PVC in various end-use industries, Chemical recycling process to drive the market demand), restraints (Technical limitation of the PVC recycling process, effects of downcycling), opportunities (Favorable initiatives to promote the use of recycled PVC in developed countries, Demand for sustainable solution from the construction and packaging industry, New recycling technologies, Opportunities for chemical industries ), and challenges ( Quality issue of recycled PVC plastic, Difficulty in the collection of raw materials, High cost of recycling, Pigmented plastics are not accepted by many recycling facilities)
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the PVC recycling market offered by top players in the global PVC recycling market.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the PVC recycling market.
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets — the report analyzes the markets for PVC recycling market across regions.
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, and recent developments in the global PVC recycling market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the PVC recycling market