Household Products Market Growth Analysis by Region, Country, Brands, Distribution Channel, Competitive Landscape, Packaging, Innovations and Forecast to 2027
This report provides an overview of current household products scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, distribution, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview across five regions - Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Americas, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting industry size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the regions.
The global household products sector was valued at $305.7 billion in 2022 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 3.3% during 2022-27, to reach $358.9 billion in 2027. The Americas represented the largest region in the sector in 2022, with a value share of 35.8%, followed by Asia-Pacific with 31.8%. In 2023, tissue & hygiene was the largest category, accounting for 42% of overall global value share. The Middle East and Africa region’s household products market is forecast to record the fastest value CAGR of 7.6%, over the forecast period. The top five companies in the global household products industry together accounted for a value share of 30% in 2022. The sector was led by Procter & Gamble, which held a share of 13.1%, followed by Unilever and Reckitt-Benckiser Group with 5.2% and 4% shares, respectively. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in 2022, accounting for a value share of 54.1%. Flexible packaging was the most used pack material registering for a 55.8% share in 2022 in the global household products market.
The demand for household products grew due to consumers’ heightened focus on health and hygiene in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.Ingredients such as “lemon” or “plant/botanical extracts” are favored by consumers in household products due to their positive health benefits.
The inclusion of advanced formulations and natural ingredients is appealing to consumers.In addition to “biodegradable” and “sustainability” claims, household products with health labels will push sales among consumers.
For instance, claims such as “antibacterial” are expected to power the sector as the demand for better or more intensive household products rises.
- This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the global household products sector.
It includes an analysis of the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of current sector scenarios in terms of ingredients, manufacturer claims, labeling, and packaging. The analysis also provides an overview across five regions-the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, the Americas, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe-highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future challenges for each region. This data includes both on-trade and off-trade data.
- Change in consumption: Provides an overview of shifts in the value share patterns of categories over 2017-27 at global and regional levels.
- High-potential countries*: Provides risk-reward analysis of the top 10 high-potential countries in each region based on market assessment, economic development, governance indicators, sociodemographic factors, and technological infrastructure.
- Country and regional analysis: Provides a deep-dive analysis of the top 10 high-potential countries, covering value growth during 2022-27 and key trends. It also includes the future outlook for each region. Market size includes both on-trade and off-trade data, while only off-trade data is used in company and brand analysis, distribution analysis, and packaging analysis.
- Competitive landscape: Provides an overview of leading brands at global and regional levels. This section is followed by an analysis of the product profile, country-level presence, market share, and growth/decline of private labels in each region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis of the leading distribution channels in the global household products sector in 2022. It covers “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, B-2-B supply, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, chemists/pharmacies, direct sellers, convenience stores, department stores, e-retailers, health & beauty stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, and others.
- Packaging analysis: The report provides an analysis of the percentage share (in 2022) and growth (during 2017-27) of various pack materials, pack types, closures, and primary outer types based on volume sales of household products.
Reasons to Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis, that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates