What's Fueling the Advancement in Storage Solutions?
A shift towards efficiency and space optimization is making waves in the sector of storage solutions, in particular, a technology known as the Vertical Lift Module (VLM) is gaining growing acceptance. This system allows automated storage and retrieval of items, allowing for a substantial increase in storage density and reduction in footprint. The time and cost savings due to minimized operator movements, reduced picking errors and subsequent improvements in order fulfilment speed are key factors underpinning the growing acceptance of this technology within warehouse operations.
What Makes VLMs so Attractive?
Scalability and flexibility characterize VLMs, making them highly attractive to a broad range of industries. They accommodate various types of items, from small parts to large heavy-duty machinery, and are adaptable according to changing demands of warehouse processes. In addition, VLMs contribute to improved safety and ergonomics, as the system can deliver the required item to the operator at an optimum ergonomic height, eliminating the need for bending, stretching, or climbing.
What's the Future of VLMs?
The inherent benefits of VLMs coupled with advances in technology indicate a robust future trajectory for VLM usage. Incorporation of IoT and other smart technologies will further expedite operations and generate accurate real-time inventory data, making the warehouse more consistent, reliable and efficient. While still relatively early in its growth phase, the increasing adoption and the continuous technological enhancements of VLMs suggest a strong forecast for their expanding use in warehouses globally.
- Global Market Size of Vertical Lift Module (VLM)
- Growth Rate of VLM Units Sold Annually
- Adoption Rate of VLMs in Different Industries
- Ratio of Automated Warehouses to Non-Automated Warehouses
- Infrastructural Investments in Warehouse Automation
- Cost Efficiency Comparisons Between VLMs and Traditional Storage Systems
- Year-over-year Development in VLM Technology
- Value Chain Integration of VLM Systems
- Customer Satisfaction Rates for VLM Usage
- Legislative Impact on VLM Adoption and Usage
- Increased Labor Costs
- High-density Storage Demands
- E-commerce Boom
- Evolving Supply Chain Dynamics
- Sustainability Focus
- Rapid Technological Advancements
- COVID-19 Aftermath
- Growing Investment In IoT
- Energy Efficiency Focus
- Emergence of Robotics and AI In Warehousing