What are the recent industry trends?
In recent years, the global antibiotic market has been characterised by a rapid intensification of research and development. Increasing bacterial resistance to current therapies and the urgent medical need for novel antimicrobial solutions has led to this push for innovation. Automation and AI are also reshaping processes, leading to accelerated discovery of novel antibiotics.
How are antibiotics being used differently?
Applications of antibiotics are evolving beyond traditional use in human health. For instance, livestock industry is leveraging antibiotics as growth promoters and preventive measure against diseases. This is a response to rising demand for proteins. However, concerns over creating antibiotic resistance have led several jurisdictions to review and refine its usage guidelines.
What does the future hold for the antibiotics market?
Short to medium term forecasts suggest continued expansion of the antibiotic market. Emerging economies rising wealth and healthcare progression are the catalysts. Furthermore, growing global populations add pressure on food security, indirectly driving demand in the agricultural sector. However, stringent regulatory developments and bacterial resistance build-up pose a threat to unchecked growth of this segment.
- Global Antibiotics Market Size
- Regional Market Share
- Annual Growth Rate Forecast
- Patent Expiry Dates
- New Product Launches
- Antibiotic Resistance Trends
- Regulatory Environment
- R&D Expenditure on Antibiotics
- Prescription Rates
- Healthcare Infrastructure Investments
- Increasing Antibiotic Resistance
- Proliferation of Superbugs
- Decline in New Antibiotics Development
- Growing Demand for Broad-spectrum Antibiotics
- Shift towards Natural and Alternative Therapies
- Rising Prevalence of Infected Diseases
- Technological Advancements in Antibiotics Production
- Stringent Government Regulations
- Antibiotic Stewardship Programs
- Increase in Healthcare Expenditure