Global Automotive Trends in 2022
Automotive is part of Heavy Industry and includes a number of sub-sectors such as Auto Insurance and Motor Vehicle. You may also be interested in Manufacturing, Electronics and Chemical.
Global vehicle registrations are expected to reach nearly 96 million in 2026, from nearly 91 million in 2021, growing at an average annual rate of 0.7%. Since 2010, the global market has decreased by 0.7% each year. Global vehicle production is projected to reach over 104 million units in 2026, compared with 96 million in 2021, at a compound annual growth rate of 1.1%. Since 2003, global production has increased by 0.4% each year. China is the world leader in vehicle production, with 30 million units in 2021. The United States, Japan, and India are the next three biggest producers. Finland saw a 20.9% increase in production year-on-year, while Ukraine's production decreased by 33.4% since 2003.
Top 10 countries
In 2022 major markets in the Automotive Industry were:
Automotive Market Data and Forecasts
How big is the Automotive industry in 2022More in Automotive Industry in major countries
How much the Automotive industry is expected to grow to 2026?More in Automotive Industry for 2027
What are the world's biggest Automotive markets?
Global Automotive Statistics
- Number Of Employees 206 countries (Europe, Northern Europe, Southern Europe...)
- Enterprise Survival Rate 48 countries (Europe, Northern Europe, Eastern Europe...)
- Vehicle Import 192 countries (Africa, Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa...)
- Vehicle Export 187 countries (Asia, Africa, Latin America...)
- Employment Rate 231 countries (Europe, Northern Europe, Southern Europe...)
- Business Birth 53 countries (Europe, Northern Europe, Western Europe...)
- Trade Balance 225 countries (Asia, Europe, Africa...)
- Number Of Enterprises 67 countries (Europe, Northern Europe, Southern Europe...)
- Tire Import 192 countries (Africa, Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa...)
- Truck Import 191 countries (Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia...)