European Recreational Activity Trends in 2022
Recreational Activity is part of Leisure and includes a number of sub-sectors such as Movie Theater, Gambling, Pleasure Garden, Amusement Park and Waterpark. You may also be interested in Cultural Attraction.
The European recreational activities industry is set to generate €177.8 billion by 2026, up 0.8% year on year. This is a slight increase from €164.1 billion in 2021. Since 2016, the European market has grown by a modest 0.3% annually. In 2021, Germany was the highest earner with €30.9 billion. France, the United Kingdom and Spain followed, in that order. Lithuania experienced the strongest growth over the period, increasing by 12.1% year on year, while Slovakia registered the lowest decline at 6.9%.
Top 10 countries
In 2022 major markets in the Recreational Activity Industry were:
Global Recreational Activity Statistics
- Trade Balance 225 countries (Asia, Europe, Africa...)
- Enterprise Survival Rate 48 countries (Europe, Northern Europe, Eastern Europe...)
- Number Of Movie Theater Seats 12 countries (Switzerland, Bulgaria, Czech Republic...)
- Business Birth 53 countries (Europe, Northern Europe, Western Europe...)
- Employment Rate 231 countries (Europe, Northern Europe, Southern Europe...)
- Industrial Equipment Import 192 countries (Asia, Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa...)
- Movie Theater Attendance 10 countries (Sweden, Belgium, Spain...)
- Industrial Equipment Export 189 countries (Asia, Latin America, Africa...)
- Business Death 58 countries (Europe, Northern Europe, Western Europe...)
- Yacht Import 190 countries (Asia, Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa...)