Global Auto Insurance Trends in 2022
Auto Insurance is part of Insurance and includes a number of sub-sectors such as Motorcycle Insurance, Commercial Auto Insurance and Usage Based Insurance. You may also be interested in Life Insurance.
The number of global road casualties is projected to rise to 5 million by 2026, according to latest estimates. This is a 0.7% year-on-year average increase since 2016, when the figures were slightly lower. The United States recorded the highest number of road casualties in 2021, with 3 million people. Germany, Italy and Russia occupied the following spots in the rankings. Armenia saw a 3.8% year-on-year rise, while Belarus experienced a 5.3% decrease since 2016.
Top 10 countries
In 2022 major markets in the Auto Insurance Industry were:
Global Auto Insurance Statistics
- Auto Insurance Gross Written Premium 76 countries (Latin America, South America, Europe...)
- Gross Written Premium 87 countries (Europe, Western Europe, Northern Europe...)
- Auto Insurance Net Written Premium 72 countries (Latin America, South America, Europe...)
- Net Written Premium 80 countries (Latin America, Europe, South America...)
- Premiums Written 80 countries (Europe, Latin America, South America...)
- Paid Claims 78 countries (Latin America, Europe, South America...)
- Auto Insurance Claims 8 countries (Asia, Australia, Australasia...)
- Premium Earned 11 countries (Australia, Australasia, Oceania...)
- Insurance Loss Ratio 6 countries (Singapore, Southeast Asia, Asia...)
- Claims Ratio 11 countries (Asia, Germany, Western Europe...)