European Solar Energy Trends in 2022
Solar Energy is part of Renewable Energy and includes a number of sub-sectors such as Concentrated Solar Power, Solar Heating, Photovoltaics and Integrated Solar Combined Cycle. You may also be interested in Geothermal Energy, Wind Power and Hydropower.
European Solar Capacity is set to reach 234,680 Megawatts by 2026 from 191,100 Megawatts in 2021, growing 3.7% year on year average rate. Since 2001, European supply jumped by 12.8% year on year. In 2021, Germany came in number 1 in Solar Capacity with 58,460 Megawatts. Italy, the United Kingdom and Spain respectively ranked numbers 2, 3 and 4 in this ranking. Russia grew 85.2% year on year, while Slovakia jumped by 0.1% year on year since 2001.
European Solar Energy Consumption is set to reach 2.26 Exajoules by 2026 from 1.84 Exajoules in 2021, growing 3.6% year on year on average. Since 2001, European demand grew 11.2% year on year. In 2021, Germany was number 1 in Solar Energy Consumption at 0.46 Exajoules. Italy, Spain and France respectively were numbers 2, 3 and 4 in this ranking. Poland rose 105.9% year on year, while Romania fell by 2.3% year on year since 2001.
Top 10 countries
In 2022 major markets in the Solar Energy Industry were:
Solar Energy Market Data and Forecasts
How much the Solar Energy industry is expected to grow to 2026?More in Solar Energy Industry for 2026
What are the world's biggest Solar Energy markets?More in Solar Energy Market
Global Solar Energy Statistics
- Electricity Generation 172 countries (Europe, Southern Europe, Eastern Europe...)
- Electronic Component Import 192 countries (Africa, Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa...)
- Electronic Component Export 188 countries (Asia, Latin America, Africa...)
- Energy Supply 175 countries (Europe, Southern Europe, Eastern Europe...)
- Electricity Capacity 52 countries (Europe, Southern Europe, Northern Europe...)
- Solar Generation 113 countries (Europe, Asia, Southern Europe...)
- Solar Energy Consumption 98 countries (Asia, Middle East, Africa...)
- Solar Capacity 66 countries (Asia, East Asia, Eastern Europe...)
- Final Consumption Expenditures 222 countries (Europe, Southern Europe, Eastern Europe...)
- Solar Photovoltaic Electricity Generation 34 countries (Europe, Asia, Eastern Europe...)