Global Wine Trends in 2022
Global Wine Consumption is set to reach 22,560 Thousand Metric Tons by 2026 from 22,800 Thousand Metric Tons in 2021, falling by 0.2% year on year average rate. Since 2017, Global demand decreased by 0.2% year on year. At 2,740 Thousand Metric Tons in 2021, China was number 1 in Global Wine Consumption. France, the United States and Italy respectively were numbers 2, 3 and 4 in this ranking. Zambia was up 10.1% year on year, while Mozambique fell by 26.3% year on year since 2017.
Global Wine Production is set to reach 28,533,000 Metric Tons by 2026 from 28,255,000 Metric Tons in 2021, growing 0.2% year on year on average. Since 1966, Global supply jumped by 0.6% year on year. In 2021, Italy was number 1 in Wine Production with 5,313,500 Metric Tons. France, Spain and the United States respectively were numbers 2, 3 and 4 in this ranking. Brazil increased 24.8% year on year, while Serbia fell by 39.3% year on year since 1966.
European Wine Revenue is set to reach €44,050 Million by 2026 from €40,450 Million in 2021, growing 1.1% year on year average rate. Since 2016, European market rose 4.3% year on year. At €16,080 Million in 2021, France came in number 1 in European Wine Revenue. Italy, Spain and Germany respectively were numbers 2, 3 and 4 in this ranking. France grew 8.9% year on year, while Denmark fell by 13.5% year on year since 2016.
Top 10 countries
In 2022 major markets in the Wine Industry were:
Wine Market Data and Forecasts
How big is the Wine industry in 2022More in Wine Industry in major countries
How much the Wine industry is expected to grow to 2026?More in Wine Industry for 2026
What are the world's biggest Wine markets?More in Wine Market
Global Wine Statistics
- Wine Export 226 countries (Europe, Western Europe, Southern Europe...)
- Wine Import 212 countries (Europe, Western Europe, Africa...)
- Wine Consumption 210 countries (Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America...)
- Wine Production 99 countries (Europe, Southern Europe, Eastern Europe...)
- Sparkling Wine Import 186 countries (Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe...)
- Sparkling Wine Export 162 countries (Europe, Latin America, Africa...)
- Spirits Import 186 countries (Europe, Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa...)
- Alcoholic Drink Import 228 countries (Latin America, Europe, Asia...)
- Spirits Export 157 countries (Europe, Eastern Europe, Africa...)
- Alcoholic Drink Export 239 countries (Europe, Asia, Latin America...)